For many years teachers used to ask us "How do I know when a student has watched a movie on BrainPOP?"
Not any more! BrainPOP's assignment feature is blended throughout BrainPOP, allowing teachers to assign almost anything in BrainPOP and BrainPOP Jr.
Students get notified of the assignment when they login, their interaction with the resource gets captured, and they can keep a personal eye on their assignments feed.
I can see your brain working through the possibilities from here :-)
Want to direct a class to watch a specific movie in preparation for tomorrow's lesson and know who has and hasn't seen it? BOOM! Assign the movie to the whole class.
Want to assess a particular set of students on their understanding of a topic? ZAP! Assign the Challenge feature to specific students from your class.
Want to target a student with some remediation work before a test? KAPOW! Create a personalised quiz using the Quiz Mixer and assign it just to them.
Want to create a mini project for your class to demonstrate their understanding? BAM! Build an multi part assignment, adding a movie, then the quiz, then the Make a Map tool.
It's super easy. You can also...
- Schedule assignments using the “schedule for later” option and then select the date you want students to see the assignment
- Add resources from both BrainPOP and BrainPOP Jr. into one assigment (only available to customers that have both products)
- Add multiple classes to an assignment. Just click the + symbol next to the class drop down menu
How to assign something in BrainPOP and/or BrainPOP Jr.
- Simply log in to your individual account and navigate to the feature you’d like students to work on.
- Click the ASSIGN button, then choose a class and optional due date.
- To see the list of everything you’ve assigned, or to edit your assignments, click on the ASSIGNMENTS button at the top of your screen.
How students manage their assignments
Students log in to their own accounts, where they will see Moby pop up and advise them they have a new assignment.
Clicking on MY BRAINPOP at the top of the page will show them all the assignments they’ve received thus far or any that are overdue #embarrasedmoby
Try it out today. It could revolutionise the way you use BrainPOP.