>10 PRINT "CODING IN BRAINPOP!";
>20 GOTO 10
Yep, you read that right.
You can now access Vidcode AND Scratch based coding projects inside a huge range of BrainPOP and BrainPOP Jr. curriculum topics.
What sorts of things will children be able to do in a Creative Coding project?
- Build a Scratch story to describe what they have learned about the life cycle of a butterfly
- Create a newscast about William Shakespeare
- Code a math problem that uses angles
- Design a sorting game to show what they know about keeping their information private
- Make a digital museum to display what they have learned about the Mayan civilization
What's our approach to helping you teach coding?
Designed to seamlessly integrate with what you’re already teaching, Creative Coding makes it simple to introduce coding and provides students with the opportunity to “show what they know” in a whole different way.
We make coding part of what you're teaching, not a separate technology driven exercise.
Coding for All
Because they span the curriculum and provide multiple opportunities for differentiated instruction, our Creative Coding projects reach students with a breadth of needs, and at all levels. These projects:
- Help your students build and demonstrate knowledge in a way that is personally meaningful to them, in a familiar environment
- Guide and scaffold children and adults so that no technical background is needed
- Reduce inequality in access to computer science instruction when worked into the school day
The two methods - block AND text based coding
The block- and text-based projects are developed based on Scratch and Vidcode.
Block-based coding, based on the Scratch visual programming language, is an effective way to introduce computational thinking that fosters creative expression and experimentation. Perfect for younger pupils, or those new to coding.
Want to learn more?
How do I unlock Creative Coding in BrainPOP?
Creative Coding is an optional add on feature, priced separately to your main school subscription.
You also must have a whole school licence to BrainPOP and/or BrainPOP Jr. PLUS individual teacher and student accounts enabled on your subscription.
If you see this padlock icon on a Creative Coding button on a topic page this means you do NOT have it unlocked.
Get in touch today to get a no obligation quote to enable Creative Coding for your school.
We're currently running a promotion too - save 25% if you add it to your subscription before December 31st 2018.